miércoles, 2 de enero de 2013

JUL OG NYTÅR I DANMARK!


The day before christmas my sister, my mom and I made "Konfekt" (little pieces of chocolate with christmas figures) as a tradition, next day was 24Th December, I awoke very excited that day, I helped my mom to prepare the food, at 11:30 I went to Jersie st with my dad to pick up  my friend Jossue from Venezuela, He is from Merida and is being an exchange student in Denmark as me but only for 6 moths, I met him in our first AFS camp in Venezuela in January 2012, when the gaests arrived everthing was ready to start and enjoy christmas night.

Danish people has lots of traditions but specially in Christmas Time, around 4:00 o'clock we saw the Disney's Christmas show with old and new cartoons, we had our delicious dinner with my grandparents, aunt, parents, brothers and Jossue, we did the dishes together so it wasn't boring at all. After dinner danish people has as  a beautiful traditon to danse around the tree (a real one) and we did it, singing and dancing was a little bit difficult for Jossue and me because we didn't know the songs so it was good that all of us had little books with the lirics, afterwards was the time for presents, In Denmark all the gifts are uder the tree until is the time to open them so the tree looks really beautiful and there are always many presents, we spent a hyggelig time opening them and I got many. I also sang a danish christmas song I was practicing few days before, after the amazing family time we said goodbye to our gaests and went to bed, I slept with my sister Clara because Jossue was in my room, Fortunately I wasn't sad that night because I was far away from my family, I'm enjoying every day because I know I will see my family this year and I will miss my time here in Denmark.

25th in the morning we went to the church at 11:00 o'clock, In Denmark they have a different religion but I think is almost the same as mine (I'm catholic) all of us believe in God so it's not a problem for me, the time at church can be a little bit boring when you don't understand what are they talking about but with songs everything is better. I spent the next days relaxing at home and by Theresa (my amazing buddy) and Samanta (she is a friend from the same Island as me in Venezuela and is also exchange student), making food, shopping, watching movies and talking those days were wonderful.

Den fantastisk Nytår! (The fantastic New Year) My family and I went to our friend's home to celebrate New years eve, we were around 18 persons, 4 couples and their children, To start the night we saw the new years eve speech of the danish Queen, Margrethe II at 18:00, afterwards we ate a tipical meal from Switzerland call Raclette with cheese also from Switzerland, I spent the night playing with the children and dancing with the nintedo wii. The adults had a Cockteils Competition, all of us were the judges, we had Pina Colada, Caipirinha and Strawberry dream,everything was good and I felt  at home for a moment with those tropical drinks and the Pina Colada won the competition.

Before 12:00 o'clock we saw a funny, old, black&white movie (another tradition) about an old woman holding a party without gaests and the waiter drink all the drinks and get drunk, when the movie ended was just 5 minutes to New year so we saw at the TV, the fireworks in Copenhagen and the countdown began, everyone got over a chair and just at 12:00 we jumped to get in new year, hugging  eachother we got out the house to see the fireworks, It was completely amazing, I had never seen so many fireworks simultaneously.
By the way..tomorow 3rd January is the begging of the school so I'll go to bed early tonight. 
Tivoli Fireworks 2013
Sadån! That's how I spent Christmas and New Years Eve in Denmark, and I won't never forget this awesome experience!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario